[IP] Re: Novolog

In a message dated 9/23/01 7:42:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Has anyone had any experience with
 using the cartridges instead of the vials?  >>

This isn't in relation to using the pump, but when Claire was on injections I
always used the cartridges.  I found they were a nicer size to have in the
basket of "goodies" in the kitchen and were a lot better to carry around--the
1.5 ml vials fit nicely into the glucometer elite carrying case.  And it you
happened to drop one and it broke, a lot less insulin got wasted.  You need
to check the pricing structure to see if the cartridges are a lot more
expensive, before you decide.  One vial nicely fills 3 Disetronic glass
reservoirs, so now I buy the vials of Humalog.  But I still have some 1.5 ml
size cartridges which I use to carry for emergency use when we are more than
an hour from home.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7