[IP] Hogwash or ?

Just because I am still alive after almost 36 years with diabetes doesn't
disprove the fact that I am more likely to die because of diabetes and
sooner than if I didn't have it.

Insurance companies are very good at looking at the chances of making money
from someone's survival....
Anyone with diabetes tried to get a private life or health insurance policy

After I was diagnosed, I was able to get a personal life insurance policy
and a later rate reduction.  The last time I checked into another rate
reduction I got a simple letter - "declined because of diabetes"...

I suspect this "population" is on a tail of the bell-shaped survival
curve......  Though I could be wrong because so few mention coping with
complications.  Is it that complications don't exist in members of this
list, or simply not talked about?

There is comfort in knowing how others cope in overwhelming circumstances
that no amount of "mechanical how to's" can give.....

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Jim S.
email @ redacted

There is comfort knowing that I can find peace even if diabetes
complications find me.