[IP] Re: I want to go to war but I'can't why diabetes(A RESPONSE)

Regarding this report:

Subject: Re: [IP] I want to go to war but I'can't why diabetes(A RESPONSE)

> > The average life expectancy of insulin-dependent diabetics, diagnosed
> > before
> > the age of 30, has been reported as 29 years, with over half failing to
> > reach 50 years of age.
>Is this true?? Why haven't I heard anything like this from my doctors.
>Let's see, I was diagnosed when I was 13, I am now 22, I guess I only have
>20 years left?!?!  PRETTY SCARY AND DEPRESSING!!

This is hogwash!  I was diagnosed at the age of 15 months and given the fact
that I am now 36 proves this to be wrong!  And I am pretty certain I can
hang in there for at least 14 more years if not longer!!!!

Regarding this reply:

Sorry, I have to respond to this one.  I just celebrated my 50th birthday
and was dx'd when I was 11 years old.   This is all definitely a YMMV thing.

PRL (who ain't dead yet)

I agree!  And Happy Birthday!!!

-Denise (who also isn't dead yet and stubbornly refuses to go!!!)