[IP] military, diabetes, etc....

My dad was career Navy (until I was 19yrs old).  This is speaking from personal experience but if you have to be a patient within the military hospitals and such I imagine your life expectancy as a diabetic would be severely limited.  Military hospitals have almost done me in several times over my life.  I have also seen sailors almost dead before the dx of iddm was made.  Don't get me wrong because I loved the military way of life but I would never want to be a diabetic in the military.  Military or military dependent, it is best to be healthy with no chronic conditions.....well, I guess that's true even out of the military.

pump 7/00

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life