[IP] Re: Life expectancy of Diabetics

 > The average life expectancy of insulin-dependent diabetics, diagnosed
 > before
 > the age of 30, has been reported as 29 years, with over half failing to
 > reach 50 years of age.
I don't know what the current data is but I would not believe this and know
that many factors come into play including luck.  Much has been improved in
the way of diabetes care.
I was diagnoised at age 15 and I just passed 28 yrs last week.  I don't
currently have any complications unless you count early menopause (age 40) or
thinning of the bones (not at the osteoporis stage yet).