[IP] Military is wrong! Us oldies can prove it!

Ok folks...I think enough is enough and for all who haven't read the
original message and it's responses...

I am very certain that the military's written regulations were written a
very long time ago and they really should be updated...

But I want each and everyone of you to stop with thinking that you only have
so many years left to live.

Let me tell you, my older brother thought he was never going to make it past
18 (he got d when he was 11)...and he also went into a coma that we thought
he would never come out of but he did when he was 11 1/2.

Well, he thought that his life was going to be over and always had that in
the back of his mind and so he was a very smart person but never applied

Had he has an open mind, he could have done anything he wanted to do...but
he wasted those years not going to school and not caring.

He just turned 53 last week, has had a successful kidney/pancreas transplant
and is doing wonderful!

No one can tell us how many years we have left on this earth.  That is in
God's hands and His alone....

so please, especially all you younger ones...put this out of your mind, keep
testing, pumping, exercising and eating right and go for the gold!!!!

Us older diabetics are still around living and breathing and proof that the
military is wrong!!!!

Huge hugs to all of you...hold your heads high and live your lives to the

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00