[IP] pregnancy, pumping and weight gain

Hi Folks,
I'm really very happy (and I don't mean this sarcastically) for those who
have gone on the pump and have lost weight because of it.  I, however,
gained weight on the pump and now that I'm getting super tight control for
my baby (14 weeks pregnant) I'm gaining a steady 1 to 2 pounds every week.
I know that I must be over eating, but I'm completely obsessed with food.  I
think about it 24 hours a day.  As soon as I finish a meal I'm thinking
about when and what I'm going to eat next.  Is this just a normal occurance
of pregnancy, or is it the result of all the extra insulin I have to take to
achieve tight control?  I'm still exercising like crazy, and drinking lots
of water, but it seems like I'm gaining too much too soon.

Also, I thought with the pump I could eat or not eat when I want.  But
apparently with pregnancy those rules don't apply.  The dietitian has me
eating 3 meals and 3 snacks a day.  When I have a low in the night I'm told
it's because I'm not eating enough protein before bed.  I was told to double
up on my protein at bedtime to avoid lows.  Have other pregnant pumpers been
told similar things?  I guess having a pump is helpful in pregnancy, but
it's not total freedom by any means.

kindest regards,
who- will- have-to- start- wearing- my-maternity-clothes- backwards- to-
accomodate- a -larger -behind, than-tummy!