RE: [IP] using the pump

I don't know what a soft serve is and I'm assuming it is similar to the soft
sets.  I know when my de showed me how to remove the needle she said I had
to twist it a 1/4" and then pull out.   That was when she was showing me
w/the longer set and I found out I needed the shorter set.

When I twisted and pulled, it also twisted and crimped the cannula that
stays inside of you and no insulin was going through.

Also if you have the inserter, it is imperative that the set is clicked and
locked in tightly and is not warbly before you insert it otherwise it
doesn't go in right.

I have a feeling that there is something going on with the way you are
inserting the set that is causing the insulin not to deliver.

A suggestion if I may...go back to your d.e. or whomever trained you and do
an insert together with them.  They will be able to see what you are doing
wrong and correct you from there.

I have not have wonderful results just yet and I refuse to give up my pump
and I had to fight for it for six months but I love the convenience of it.

I am learning more and more each day about myself, how different foods
affect my b.g., how my body works, etc. etc. and this group has been so
wonderful as well as the Pumping Insulin book.

Don't give up just yet.  Sometimes it takes a little tweak here or there to
get it down right but the benefits are all worth it.

Good luck.
Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00