[IP] Pump & weight loss

>This question is directed mainly to those who are
>overweight or were overweight just before starting on
>the pump, but if anyone who has any insight to this I
>welcome your response.  I am overweight and have been
>using the pump for 3 weeks now and I have noticed that
>I have lost weight and some of my old clothes are
>fitting me.  I am not sure how much I have lost
>exactly because I do not own a scale.

I lost 25 pounds in my first year on the pump.  I lost a lot of weight
quickly in the beginning and then began to gradually taper off.  We figure
it's because my bgs are so much more level in the "normal" range and I'm no
long treating the many lows I had on MDI.  I too tried every diet in the
book, but always failed because I couldn't stay on them while treating the
lows.  Exercise was real fun, since I had to constantly drink regular coke
while exercising to keep my bg levels up.  Yes, that little "gadget" can
help you lose weight, as long as you don't go in the other direction and
pig out since you can pretty much eat whatever you want as long as you
properly count it and cover it.  I was always a disciplined eater and no
longer needing cokes for the lows helped me drastically to lose weight.  YMMV.