[IP] Canada Snubbed

In my Saturday morning newspaper I read that Canadians feel they were
snubbed by President Bush in his speech to Congress on Thursday night
when he failed to include Canada in the list of countries that have
been especially helpful to us since the terrorist attack on Sept. 11.
I feel certain that this oversight by President Bush and his
speechwriters was not intentional, but simply the result of a terrible

For myself, I want to be sure our Canadian members know how much I
keep in mind the fact that Frederick Banting and Edward Best, the
discoverers of insulin, were Canadians. If it had not been for them,
all of us, Type 1's at least, would be dead.

Tom Beatson
Phoenix, AZ USA
dx 1942, pump 1995