Re: [IP] I want to go to war but I'can't why diabetes(A RESPONSE)

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:56:15 -0700 (PDT) you wrote:

> The average life expectancy of insulin-dependent diabetics, diagnosed
> before
> the age of 30, has been reported as 29 years, with over half failing to
> reach 50 years of age.

Is this true?? Why haven't I heard anything like this from my doctors.
Let's see, I was diagnosed when I was 13, I am now 22, I guess I only have
20 years left?!?!  PRETTY SCARY AND DEPRESSING!!

Tell me about it!  I am 29 - was first diagnosed at age 5-1/2!  That leaves me
very few years left!!  And NO, I have never heard anything anywhere close to
this - unless you just absolutely do not take care of yourself!!  Has anyone
else heard anything close to this in, oh say the last 20 years or so?  I
thought things had gotten to the point now where we had a normal life

Deb in Southern Illinois