[IP] Pump Supplies

I started pumping about a year ago and thought that I would have to
use the durable medical part of my health policy to get my pump
supplies. I had called Merck Medco (who handles the mail order
part of our RX plan) and was told several times that I could not get
my supplies through them.

For me it was the difference between paying the 10% of the total
cost of supplies or the $5 copay on each RX at three month

It was another pumper in the department that I worked that finally
gave me the secret to getting my supplies through Merck Medco
RX plan. Instead of giving them the name of the products to look up
in the computer to see if there was coverage I gave them the NDC#.

This NDC# is individual to all medical products. I called MiniMed for
the NDC# on the products I use and then called Merck Medco and
finally found out they were covered under my RX plan and I didn't
need to go through durable medical supplies.

This saves me over $500.00 a year on supplies. My supplies still
come from MiniMed but they are ordered by Merck and then mailed
to me in 3 months supplies. I usually give them about a 2-3 week
turn around to get them to me.

It's worth a try to lower your costs. Only hitch is that because I
don't get any other supplies through MiniMed when I order my
batteries they wouldn't just bill durable medical supplies for them. I
have have to pay full price and then I submit the bill and get back
90% several months later. I know I could just go else where for the
batteries too.

Sof-set Ultra QR 42" NDC#76300031512
Syringe Resevoir NDC#76300010323
IV Prep NDC#50484021200

To help Merck make sure they get the right supplies I also have my
Dr write the NDC# on the RX.

Gail J Donohue