[IP] Re: War

 > But war is
 > awfully hard. Say you get called to battle and your pump malfunctions,
 > insulin is low and you can't stop to fix it. Checking BG's while on
 > duty.....very difficult.

There are many, many, reasons.  Especially that we have to be in control
and know what the schedule of exercise, food and rest will be.  At least
we're supposed to be, and especially for non-pumpers.  I think that in the
service you rarely have control over what will happen.  Even if they made
exceptions for office workers, etc. they would still not allow someone to
join with dm.  There is always the veterans benefits, especially
health.  The cost of supplying us with our insulin and supplies would be
humongous also.  I understand that they have also raised the requirements
for education.  High school diploma's are now required.  The services are
just like a job and they can pick and choose.  I think volunteering for the
service took a huge jump up on September 12th, just like December 8th, 1941.

--Jack email @ redacted

Please watch for the missing, especially my son.
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake
when you make it again.