RE: [IP] I want to go to war but I'can't why diabetes(A RESPONSE)

I think the military needs to update their data!!!  I have been around for
35 years since having diabetes and there are many others out there who are
still alive and kicking for many more years than that!!!

Do not let what the govt has written in their manuals discourage you.  There
is no written knowledge as to why some of us get complications and others
don't or get a lesser degree of them.  They are still doing research on

You just be thankful that in today's day and age we now have glucose
monitors and insulin pumps and new and improved insulins and that so far the
trial islet cell transplants have been successful and an implanted
pump/glucose monitor is around the corner....and with all these tools, we
CAN manage our diabetes and keep it under much better control than years

I think their data is outdated because of the fact that years ago we DIDN'T
have all these wonderful tools!

Be proud of who you are and what you do and don't let the "d" status make a
difference in your life!

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00