RE: [IP] venting- responsibility

Oh Julie:
See, people look at you and can't "see" that anything is wrong with you.
Therefore, you look  young and healthy and they just can't fathom why you
would be tired.....

and we do not want to think of ourselves as disabled and try not to let it
show when we don't feel well and just go about our business.

We'll I've learned to let as many people as I can know that I am diabetic
and I have lots of complications and if I don't feel well, I'm just going to
close my door and lay down and don't bother me.  I don't care if they think
I look good, when I don't feel good, I don't feel good (well-proper grammar)
and I've learned after 35 years that my health comes first.

Don't feel so bad, I've been married for 25 years and you'd think by now, my
hubby would be able to tell when I was not feeling well or not just by my
moods, expressions or how I'm walking, etc. but no...he
doesn't.....sometimes he makes jokes saying something like "my sugar is
dropping"...and I just give him a look that could kill....

As long as we live our lives as normally as possible and don't use the
diabetes as a crutch, who the heck cares what anyone says?  I mean, we all
know what we have to go through on a daily basis to live and only other
people with this disease can understand that.

I know when my son became D and he is only taking glucophage, when his b.g.
would drop and he would be in space and then come back, he would ask me how
I did it all these years with my b.g. running from 30's to 500's....I told
him, I was a mommy and had to do what I had to do and that was that.

So just hang in there and take care of yourself first!

Hope I didn't rant and go on too long :)

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00