Re: [IP] How long have you had diabetes

I have had diabetes for 24 years.

Question: Do you know of anyone who uses the Soft-Tact Tester by Abbott?  I
ordered one, and was very eager to receive it because I have been testing
about 10 times a day since I started using the pump (July 10, 01). I am so
disappointed in the Soft-Tact, that I am ready to send it back.  It takes 5,
6 even 7 times in order to get a reading, then it's incorrect.  A few times
it said 38, or low reading, and when it read 174, I tested it against the
AccuCheck, which read 124.  That's too great a difference to suit me!  Of
course I contacted the company, and am waiting for a response.  Please let me
know if you have any knowledge of this.