Re: [IP] What is the 24 hr acting insulin that starts with an "L"?

In a message dated 9/21/01 1:34:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>              Can you use this with the pump?  I think my endo mention
> something about this insulin but she said it can't be used with the pump
> is
> this accurate.
That is very accurate!  Lantus is a long-acting insulin that is supposed to
last 24 hours, I believe, with no peaks, etc.  The insulins that are used in
the pump are very rapid-acting insulins such as Humalog and the new Novolog.
They "usually" clear your body within 4 hours...... but YMMV!