[IP] Canada: Federal Transport Agency Restrictions for diabetics

Just heard on the radio that in Canada diabetics are no longer
allowed to carry insulin or syringes on planes.  The report says the
only way around it is to get a letter from your doctor (we all should
have that anyway) and to go thru extra security checks and background
verifications prior to boarding.

Reasonable given the circumstances but yet again another extra pain
to deal with.  Depending on how long this type of delay is I wonder
if it mean diabetics who travel for a living will have to give up
their jobs?  I know many who will no longer be able to make two
meetings in one day now. employers will not look favorably on this
Darrin Parker - Canada!
Ten months pumping insulin thanks to the support of wonderful
internet friends & the http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org

The Insulin Infusion Pump instantly gave me better control than I had
achieved in 27 years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average
bg's & fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  1st & 2nd post-pump HeA1c = 5.1 &  7.0