[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #452

In a message dated 9/19/2001 8:28:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Well, I still can't figure out what's going on with my blood sugars.   I
> have changed sites four times, tried 3 new bottles of insulin.  Yesterday I
> took the pump off and went to shots.  Still high......fastings in the 350 +

Hi Kelly,
I couldnt believe it when I read your post this morning. I could have written
it myself!  My pump died yesterday too. Its only 13 months old. I called the
Minimed helpline and we spent an hour on the phone putting the pump thru its
paces. Finally found there was no warning  coming thru. Well, I dont know why
that would stop the whole process, but hey, what do I know??  So she
guarenteed that a replacement pump would be here by Fed Ex Friday morning
before 10:30. We shall see!  My bl. sugars are also going thru the roof. I
only have humalog to use and it leaves the body so fast. Will call my doc
this morning and he will probably tell me to get some long lasting stuff. My
bl. sugars have been out of site also. This morning I woke up with 499. How I
hate that. Im really afraid to go to bed with too much humalog in me, but doc
should get me going on the right path. So I sure can understand how you
feel.So far tho, I have not had ketones. Thats a plus. Good luck with your
pump. Joan