[IP] Re: Places for insertions?

In a message dated 9/19/01 11:25:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<Lily used her tummy exclusively for the first year or so and began to
 develop insulin hypertrophy (a puch). When she finally switched to
 front back rotation it went away. About a year or so ago she quit
 using her tummy altogether, I don't think butts get hypertrophy, and
 on a girl slightly bigger butts aren't all that bad anyway :-)
 Michael (from a guy's perspective :-)
 email @ redacted >>

    On injections Claire got lipohypertrophy everywhere.  It was just
awful--you should have seen her arms and her tummy.  Then her upper butt
would get it too, but it didn't look quite so bad.  Her legs were okay, as
the area is larger, but she wouldn't let me inject there, but I did her
bedtime needle when she was asleep and always did her legs then.  Doctors
just said to rotate the injection sites more, but to where???  So I am very
worried about developing problems with pump sites too.
    She has been pumping since April and her arms now look fine and so does
her tummy.  Thank goodness they went back to normal. When we met the CDE in
our town when we moved here last fall, she said she had never seen anything
like that before.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7