Re: [IP] We need some help!!!

not knowing the type of pump you have your daughter on makes this one hard to
answer.  My son is on the Disetronic H-Tron+ and it's alarm system really is
not geared for a child with small basal rates.  It required a lot of pressure
before an alarm will sound.  So consequestly we have never gotten an alarm of
no delivery.  That is one of the reasons why I am looking forward to the new
Animas pump which was designed with the smaller basal rates in mind.  Instead
of pressure causing the alarms to go off there is another system in place
(sorry can't remmeber the name for it)  but it is an added feature that I
think the other companies need to think about redesigning for.  There are
more and more kids, some with very small rates going and a lack of insulin
delivery can really affect them.  Checking BGs regularly is really the only
way we can tell whether something is wrong.

Good Luck!

mom to Joshua