Re: [IP] Kidney transplant

> Oh,I may be kind of dumb by asking this question.  I am 20 years old and
> have had reasonably well controlled diabetes throughout my life and have
> no real reasons to worry.  I have been diabetic for 15 years.  I was
> wondering if there was an average age or anything that anyone knows about
> that diabetics tend to start experienceing complications
> [IMAGE]Amanda Hagen[IMAGE]

ummmm - is the subject line an attention getter, or did you have a question
about transplants? Complications boil down to YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).
Pumps have been around for 20-some years, and there were about 10,000 when I
started in '83. But with the improvements, fine tuning, etc., I don't feel
there is enough history to determine if complications are eradicated. It may
be that some people, no matter the care, will still develop some

If you were asking about when you qualify for a transplant, I was recently
told the window to receive one is 20%-10% function. (~_^)

All that is necessary for evil to take over is for good men to sit and do