Re: [IP] Re:Places for insertions?

> <<  my son is only pumping 2 weeks now (today!) and i think that
>  the sites on his bottom are much better than the ones on his belly.
>  the ones on his belly fall out too easily, no matter what kind of
>  glue i use, and all the failed sites, have been on his belly. - --
>  >>
> Hi, Claire is also 7 and has been pumping since mid-April.  She
> began, as per instructions from the pump nurse, with her sites in
> her tummy.  She is using the Quick-Sets.  At two weeks she had a
> site fail  (though everything looked fine) so nurse said to switch
> to her upper butt area.  We have used that area since then, I'm
> worried it is becoming over-used and would like to use her tummy
> again.  I'll ask about it at our next appointment in a few weeks.
> Some doctors say not to use tummies on little kids.

Lily used her tummy exclusively for the first year or so and began to
develop insulin hypertrophy (a puch). When she finally switched to
front back rotation it went away. About a year or so ago she quit
using her tummy altogether, I don't think butts get hypertrophy, and
on a girl slightly bigger butts aren't all that bad anyway :-)

Michael (from a guy's perspective :-)