[IP] Boyz II Men?

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the trick to get your attention LOL, but I would love some input
concerning boys/men and pumping .

We had our 2nd support group meeting here in Halifax, Nova Scotia last night.
A parent of a teenage boy who is interested in pumping was concerned about the
fact that there is nowhere to hide a glucometer AND a pump if you don't have
cargo pants on :)  At least we females can stash stuff in a small purse/pouch.
He is frustrated by carrying both his glucometer and insulin pens in his
pockets  and thinks the pump might be just too much.  I pointed out that the
pens won't be needed anymore (an insulin syringe in a glucometer is backup
enough) but said I would ask the experts..YOU!  I told the mom about the hole
in the pocket trick, wearing a band around the waist, hanging the pump on the
inside of the pants instead of the outside, but I think he needs some 'male'

So, from boys to men, can you offer some support or suggestions that I can
pass along to this young fellow to relieve some anxiety?

Barb, mom to Erica, A Canadian Butterfly
Visit our new website at