Re: [IP] site infection (?)

At 12:19 PM 9/19/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Topical antibiotics do
>nothing, don't waste your time.

Anthony has had two site infections in a little over a year and a
half.  The first one was caused by bumping the set while playing on the
monkey bars at school.  His endo prescribed Bactroban Ointment (mupirocin
ointment 2%).  It is only available through prescription.  It's great
stuff, and although we still use hot compresses, the antibiotic clears it
up very quickly.  We even use it on his sites just after removing his old set.

Tried the over-the-counter brands and they wouldn't even touch them.

mother of Anthony, 12, dx 9-22-95, pumping MM508 since 2-17-00