Re: [IP] Help! Any suggestions........

Well, I still can't figure out what's going on with my blood sugars.   I
have changed sites four times, tried 3 new bottles of insulin.  Yesterday I
took the pump off and went to shots.  Still high......fastings in the 350 +
area and after meals 400-500 + .  Called the doc's office again today.  The
doc and both his nurses were out of the office.  The have a medical
assistant on duty and the Nurse Practioner that I don't have a good working
relationship with.  She told me to keep taking my regular shots and then
doing 10 units of humalog every two hours until I get back down to normal.
UGH!!!!!  Five hours later I am still at 459, which if you consider I
started at 494, is good but not enough. In addition, my BP is up too.   This
a.m. it was 152/102 and I have not slept more than two hours a night for the
last two weeks.  I feel like I am about to crash and burn!!!!!  I think I am
going to go into the ER as soon as my husband gets home with the car.

Thanks for the vent!!!!!
Kelley in KS
Dx'd 9/94
Pumping 8/19/01