[IP] bifocals

I'm still playing *ketchup* on old digests from when my PC was in repair the
month of August. I'm trying to not respond to posts, however, the following
caught my eye and I want to give the explanation I was given for wearing

>>>4 years ago, at the age of 35 I had cataract surgery on my right eye and
I continue to see wonderfully well.  I now have 20/25 vision in my eye
without correction, but I do wear reading glasses.   >>>

When you have cataract surgery, the *natural* lens is removed - implants of
plastic are inserted. Plastic cannot adjust focus like natural lenses so
bifocals are needed to read. I have worn glasses since age 9, and bifocals
since age 32 so they don't bother me at all. I want to read *at will.* (~_^)

Even the most well-intentioned family member can't truly understand what it
means to live with diabetes day in and day out - IP teenager