[IP] Re: PLEASE HELP ME MY PUMP IS TOTALLY DEAD

In a message dated 9/17/01 10:42:15 PM, email @ redacted writes:

>I shut it off at 5:30 to exercise and at 7:30 I went
>to un-suspend it and it went dead nothing.  Changed
>batteries still nothing.  It is a 508 only had it a
>year and 4 months.
>
>Anyone have this happen to them?  God what am I going
>to do??  Mini-med can not get me one till Wed.

I had a similar thing happen on Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Luckilly I still
had a bottle on Humulin N and a Humalog pen that had not expired.
I couldn't get my loaner until Wed because of the holiday. It did arrive on
time.

Your basal rate per day is the long acting insulin amount and the boluses are
the short acting insulin, but acs your doctor for sure.

A certain percentage of mechanical things will fail even if they are new.

Susan