RE: [IP] PLEASE HELP ME MY PUMP IS TOTALLY DEAD

I have taken Lantus in the past (pre-pump) and the
rate your doctor is suggesting is correct.  I
currently have a bottle of Lantus that I take
with me when I am going somewhere I could not
get a pump shipped to easily (like backpacking
in the mountains).

Taking Lantus may work a little different for you
than the pump, but it should be close if you only
have the one basal rate.  It will NOT be as effective
if you have multiple rates, but it is MUCH better than
Nph or Lente.

The other choice is to take MANY injections of Humalog
or regular (every 2 or 4 hours).

John