[IP] Re: A trip to the ER

In a message dated 9/16/01 11:42:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

  One other question-I'm sure this has been covered
 before,but why do they always use Regular in IV's?I'm
 sure this contributed my later lows.
When Claire had surgery earlier this year, I asked the endo why use Regular?
Her reply was that it didn't matter if it was Regular or Humalog--going into
the vein both start acting immediately and can be shut off just as rapidly.
There is no "tail" on the insulin action when it is in an IV.  That was why
she insisted Claire have IV insulin and not her pump on for the surgery--it
could be stopped immediately if required.  So I doubt if the Regular
contributed to your later lows.

BTW, so was it both your site failing and the virus that contributed to your
high bgs?  Or can the virus just do that on its own?  So scary.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7