Re: [IP] kidney study volunteers in SF Bay Area

> Michael,
>
> We're in San Diego. Is that considered in the area? Can we mail the
> sample?

Unfortunately not. They need a sample taken with ALL the sterile
precautions because the immediately culture it to try and grow the
podocyte they are looking for. Basically the take the sample straight
to the research lab. If you are ever up this way you can leave a
sample, I'm sure the study will go on for several years. The fellow I
talked to has been working on this for something like 10 years and is
now trying to get some NIH funding to really do it right. They are
happy to get any samples at all since the don't even have funding to
let people know they are doing the work.

Michael