RE: [IP] Re: Eli Lilly

I don't have a RX plan.  I have Medicare and had to fight with them just to
agree that they now do cover insulin for use w/pumps!

My problem is that I can't find anyone to take an assignment so I have to
lay out the money and then wait to get reimbursed 80%.

My real problem stems from Minimed's billing department in that they never
forwarded the Physician's Work Order to Medicare since March and therefore I
cannot get reimbursed until 45 days after Medicare receives the "hard copy"
of everything which will come sometime in November or December if I'm lucky.

I'm still holding some other receipts for insulin and refuse to send them
till this is straightened out.

I am going to my dr. next month and will ask for a copy of the work order
and send it to Medicare myself to make sure that it gets into the proper
hands so that I can get reimbursed!

Whew!  It's a lot of money to keep forking out.   I figured ok, the first
time around will be hard but we'll keep getting reimbursed and that will
continue to pay for the insulin but it hasn't been like that at all.

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00