[IP] Carry-on luggage

My mom just e-mailed me from Scotland where she has been stranded on a barge
cruise during this whole awful ordeal.  (Cruise was not much fun considering
what was going on at home.)  Anyway, she spoke to American Airlines and
British Airways, the airlines she will be flying out on today, and was told
over the phone that there is NO carryon allowed.  Passengers will be given a
clear plastic bag to put their most important things in,  such as a wallet or
passport, or in our cases, medical supplies.  I wonder if needles (infusion
sets and syringes) are going to cause problems.  I don't like the thought of
my supplies being more than an arms length away.   I'll keep you posted on
what actually happens concerning carryon luggage.