[IP] Re: Blood donor Red Cross guidelines site (and UBS)

 >> Hi, Jack,
We also have UBS in Reno, and I got the same story. I went all the way to
the physician in charge of the organization, but she was unbending and
unyielding. She could give no INTELLIGENT rationale, saying that we used
needles, and therefore our blood was not acceptable. I'm frustrated that
stupid, supposedly educated people who ought to know better are in charge of
such organizations!!!! <<

Besides the local TV stations (I wanted them to either investigate or not
report that there is such a crying need) I also spoke with 2 levels here
and when they couldn't come up with an answer, suggested I call Phoenix,
where I spoke with 3 levels.  I got 2 answers; 'that's what it says in the
guidelines' and 'It's for the good of the donator' but they didn't know
'how' it would hurt a diabetic.  They didn't even try to say that it was
beef insulin that could be a problem.  It does really bug me when they are
begging for donations on the news and then turn down my excellent
vintage.  And no, I won't lie about it because I am not ashamed of my dm
and have never hid it in the last 35 years.

Jack email @ redacted
Please watch for the missing, especially my son.
If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today,
I can expect to lose tomorrow.  A sure thing is no fun.
  - Chico Marx