Re: [IP] Blood donor Red Cross guidelines site

In a message dated 9/15/2001 5:06:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Just in case anyone wants to check whether or not they could be eligible to
> give blood, check out the website below.  Also, what's your interpretation
> of the part under "Diabetes" where it says about beef insulin from UK
> beef-couldn't that apply to anyone who used the old, pre-Human insulins
> since the beef source could have been UK back then, no restriction on
> importing beef from UK?
> www.redcross.org/services/biomed/blood/learn/eligibl.html
> Marj

Thank you for this info. I checked it out. I want to donate blood and thought
I wasn't able to. I am on the 508 pump and my A1c's are good. (6.4) Is that
how they determine good control? I occasionally have highs and am wondering
if that would have an effect on donating. I haven't ever donated before and
would be willing to help if I can.
Thanks, Heather W.