Re: [IP] 100 test strips per month is a joke!

In a message dated 9/14/2001 7:09:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Hi All,
> Well, due to some changes to our contract of insurance with
> Blue  Sh--! of California I now have to pick up test strips for Lily
> through pharmacy services instead of home medical. It will actually
> work out to cost a little less once it's worked out,
> But...... the usual crap, I went to pick up some strips last night at
> the local drug store and guess what (such a supprise, heh... heh...)
> there is a limit on the number of strips that can be picked up. The
> pharmacist (who is on my side of course) said the system told him the
> limit is 200 strips per month. When I called BS this morning,
> pharmacy services say it's one hundred -- what a joke!
> At the moment, I have the complaint forms from the Insurance
> Commissioner office on the way to me, I'm on hold with the Customer
> Service (NOT) department and am busily trying to tear them a new
> a-hole. sigh..... such fun for a friday morning.
> Meanwhile, I picked up the strips and simply paid for them. Lily is
> leaving for UC San Diego with mom this morning to take the next "big
> step" in her life.
> I'll keep you posted :-)

I hope things work out for you. I know myself I get so frustrated with the
insurance co. putting limits on these kinds of things. I use alot of strips
and 100 strips last me maybe a week and a half to 2 wks. It's sickening to
have to buy them out of your pocket because they are so much. I use the Fast
Take stips and they are costly.
Anyway hope you get if all straightened out.
Heather W.