[IP] infusion sets for young kids

our daughter is 3 1/2, and started pumping a little over a month ago. we've
been using the sils. we like the cannula length, since it does slip a bit
sometimes with all her activity. we've had some trouble with the tape staying
on in the heat/sweat/bath etc.
plus, she hates the long needle. but i dont think there is much of a way to
avoid that.

parents of young kids (or anyone else who feels like their experiences may be
helpful) - do you suggest trying a different insertion set? or just putting
tape over the sil tape or using a product like mastisol or skin-tac?