[IP] What I found out when I called GHP CareMark insurance about my Humalog.

Hi guys!!

Thanks for all the responses to my questions on my new insurance!!

I did call the insurance company - and apparently each company that has their
insurance has their own policy.  No two are the same.  The way our insurance
is set up -- if I go to the pharmacy to get it - my copay is $20 per bottle.
If I mail order it - my copay is $20 for a month's supply (which for me is 4
bottles) - I pay two copays and get 3 month's worth.  (Now doesn't that make a
lot of sense?)  So when I took my son to see the nurse practitioner at the
doctor's office yesterday, I told her what I found out and she wrote me a new
prescription so I can mailorder it.  $40 for 12 bottles sounds MUCH better
than $240!!!!!

Deb in Southern Illinois