Re: [IP] Blood donor Red Cross guidelines site

>Just in case anyone wants to check whether or not they could be eligible to
>give blood, check out the website below.  Also, what's your interpretation
>of the part under "Diabetes" where it says about beef insulin from UK
>beef-couldn't that apply to anyone who used the old, pre-Human insulins
>since the beef source could have been UK back then, no restriction on
>importing beef from UK?

Does anyone know for a fact if this (beef insulin from UK) is a problem for
insulin produced in the US? It was my impression that insulin had to be
processed from the pancreas immediately after slaughter and therefore
insulin produced in the US could not be contaminated due to the importation
of beef from the UK.

Also could someone comment on which insulins were produced from beef and
which from pork. Over the past 36 years I have taken NPH (prior to 1980),
Lente, Regular, Humalin R and Humalog. The Humalin and Humalog are
obviously no problem and the NPH apparently doesn't manner (prior to 1980)
but what about the Lente and Regular. Are these beef or pork?

I very much want to donate but I certainly do not want to endanger other people.