Re: [IP] 100 test strips per month is a joke!

> Me too in California. I'd love to complain to the right person  --
> how do I get forms. I was given a 100 strip limit too. Soooo stupid.
> Stupid stupid HMO's... I switched to a PPO and they said they would
> furnish as many strips as the doctor deems is a 1-month supply. We
> will see if it really works.

The forms are revenge, it doesn't really do anything to help the
process. They can be obtained from the office of the insurance
commissioner 888 466 2219 (california only)

What you need is a physicians override. Your endo or PCP must contact
the insurance company's pharmacy department and bitch and moan so you
can get as many strips as you need. There is no basis in law or in
the contract of insurance for the restriction on the number of strips
-- it is the insurance companies way of keeping costs down at our