Re: [IP] 100 test strips per month is a joke!

> At 07:08 PM 9/14/01 -0800, you wrote:
> >But...... the usual crap, I went to pick up some strips last night at
> >the local drug store and guess what (such a supprise, heh... heh...)
> >there is a limit on the number of strips that can be picked up. The
> >pharmacist (who is on my side of course) said the system told him the
> >limit is 200 strips per month. When I called BS this morning,
> >pharmacy services say it's one hundred -- what a joke!
> >
> >At the moment, I have the complaint forms from the Insurance
> >Commissioner office on the way to me, I'm on hold with the Customer
> >Service (NOT) department and am busily trying to tear them a new
> >a-hole. sigh..... such fun for a friday morning.
> Michael, I'm in the same boat right now, except that my policy is
> still the same.  All of a sudden they've told me the limit is 200
> strips per month (even though they've already been reimbursing me
> for 300), but this last time they shorted me about $50 on what I
> paid.  I'm in Michigan, how do I get forms from the insurance
> commissioner?  I don't even know who he/she is, I've written to my
> Congresswoman and State Rep, but haven't gotten a reply yet.  Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.  Btw, Michigan just passed the
> Diabetes Cost Reduction Act this spring.

Your state should have a general information office, if not, call the
govenors office and ask for the phone number of the insurance
commissioner. Also, read the fine print in your policy. There will be
a section on appeals -- you have to jump through the hoops first if
you want to rake them over the coals later :-)