Re: [IP] virus email?

At 11:35 AM 9/14/2001 Sue Kinzelman wrote:
>I've received 2 viruses in email messages since I joined this email list. I
>don't know
>if it's this list that is targeted but has anyone else received them?

The list is not specifically targeted. However, some members, unfortunately
have contracted one or more viruses. When this happens their mailer can
automatically send out copies of the virus to other people. The correct
response is to be sure that you have a virus scanner currently active on
your system and that it is updated regularly... these updates are often
made weekly. Most importantly, don't open up attachments without scanning
them first and checking with the sender that they intentionally intended to
send them. To be safe, never open up attachments that end in: exe, com,
bat, cmd, pif, do*, xl*, reg, lnk, shs, vbs, scr (* stands for any
character following the text listed).