Re: [IP] virus email?

At 11:35 AM 9/14/01 -0700, you wrote:
 >I've received 2 viruses in email messages since I joined this email list. I
 >don't know
 >if it's this list that is targeted but has anyone else received them?

Hi Sue,

I understand your concern, and want to reassure you that you cannot get a
virus message from this list.  Viruses are sent as attachments to messages.
This list does not allow any attachments.  All attachments are
automatically removed before the messages are sent to list members.

That being said, it's still possible for anyone to send you a message
privately, and that could contain a viral attachment.  For that reason we
strongly advise all list members to get a copy of a Virus detection
program, install it on their computer, and use it regularly.  Two very
popular programs are McAfee VirusScan and Norton AntiVirus, but there are
many others.  They cost about $30.

IP Admin group