Re: [IP] Second Anniversary Contribution

CONGRATS!
  Bob <email @ redacted> wrote: Hi fellow pumpers,

Today marks my second year as a pumper. For those of you that have been
pumping 10 or 15 years (or more!), that may seem like a pretty short time.
For those in their first month of pumping, 2 years may seem like forever.
But as I reflect on these past 2 years, I have to say that my life has
improved immeasurably by having the opportunity to use an insulin pump. Is
it more work? Is it a pain to use? Does it get in the way? Yes, yes and
YES!!! But it is a small investment in a better, more healthful life with
much greater freedom. No, I wouldn't give it up and go back to syringes,
not on your life. And one of the things that has made the transition to
using a pump easier has been the wealth of knowledge that I have gained and
shared with all of the people on Insulin-Pumpers. I continue to learn new
things every week. And I have had the opportunity to meet the guy who keeps
this whole thing running, Michael Robinton, whose office is within 5 miles
of mine. For those of you that do not know him, he is a man of many talents
and capabilities that spends an extraordinary amount of his time operating
Insulin-Pumpers. We are extremely lucky to have such a dedicated fellow
helping us deal with the trials and tribulations of pumping. So the least I
can do as a member is contribute to the costs of running the site. Last
year, I decided that I would make an annual contribution on my pumping
anniversary. So today, I will be dropping off a check with Michael. I
encourage each of you to do the same, whether it be on your pumping
anniversary or some time. It does cost a lot to keep the site operating and
I can assure you that no one, especially not Michael, is getting rich off of
Insulin-Pumpers.

Regards to all,

Bob Goodman
South Bay Area