Re: [IP] diabetic baby not developed???

Mellisa,
 I would definately question that! I am a type 1
diabetic and had 4 babies. I was in the high-risk unit
for all of my pregnancies. I have my BSc. so the Dr.s
had no problem explaining things to me.
 The placenta in diabetic moms starts to mature
quicker towards the end of the pregnancy thus
affecting performance in the last 4 weeks. It varies
with individuals, therefore they do a lot of
non-stress testing, from 36 weeks and on, to make sure
that the baby is receiving all it needs from the
placenta. If the placenta is starting to break down
then the baby will not respond well in the non-stress
tests. I know because one of my babies did this at 37
weeks and had to be delivered by an emergency
c-section.(This was my 2nd child). My other 3 babies
were delivered normally and 2 I went into labour on my
own and the third I was induced. All were delivered
during my 37th week.
 With one of them I started to go into labour at 36
weeks and they said that they would try to stop it and
get me to 37 weeks when the baby's lungs would be
fully mature. With my last baby, they assured me that
she was absolutely fully developed with mature lungs
to induce me at 37 weeks. All my kids were born at
major top-notch hospitals. 3 of my kids were healthy
at birth and none of them had developmental problems
from a lack of maturity of their organs. My one baby's
problems were not related to the maturity of his
little body.
 Sooooo I guess from my experiences, I would question
this and maybe even get a second opinion.
Good Luck!
Carolyn Green