Re: [IP] No Pump for this Jenn

In a message dated 9/13/2001 7:20:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Hi All,
> I'm bummed.
> Got a letter from my health ins. this morning (CommonHealth) saying that
> the
> request for my pump has been denied.  I can appeal, but I don't know how
> much good it will do.  They have been denying all of my meds these days, I
> just don't understand it.
> Jenn

I am so sorry to hear your news. I think you should keep trying. Has your dr.
written a letter to the insurance co? I went through a big hassle with my
insurance co. that I have and it took a letter written by my diabetes ed. and
she had it signed by two of the endo.'s that are above her. It was really
frustrating but it worked. The letter explained all the rollarcoaster
bloodsugars and the dangers and damage that it could cause. It was a very
good letter. I can get into more details if you want. Email me privately and
I will see if I can find a copy of the letter that was written. Keep your
hopes up, something will budge. I understand your frustrations,
Heather W.