RE: [IP] Frustrated and disappointed

Hi Gayle:
What you are going through is very normal.  Just as it was a try, test and
make adjustments when first going on insulin, same here.

You have to remember that you are no longer on a long acting insulin and
must get your basals set correctly.  Once that is set up correctly, then you
will have to work to see what bolus ratio will be good for you.

And then your insulin sensitivity.  It takes a lot of time, testing and
patience to get it on an even keel.  I have been pumping for almost a yr and
still not there but I am getting there slowly but surely :)

I have 5 different basal rates and those change during my periods because of
hormone changes.

I take a higher insulin to carb ratio for breakfast compared to the rest of
the day and with testing so often two hours after I eat, I am starting to
think that I need to do the same for dinner (which is my biggest meal of the

Hang in there, keep testing, not one hour after you eat but two hours after
you eat.

I'm surprised you start to shake in the 90's!  I need to get into low 30's
and 40's for that to happen. Guess you weren't as brittle as I am! Lucky

We are here for you so just keep testing and working with your d.e.

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00