Re: [IP] No More Carry-On Luggage!

In a message dated 9/13/2001 7:05:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> My brother is a pilot for United and he said that
> noone who works at the airport - pilots, stews, food
> handlers, people who clean the planes - have to go
> through security checks before work. He said a friend
> of his had a picture of his cat on his ID where his
> own picture was supposed to be. He also said he
> wouldn't be surprised to find this was an inside job.
> Last night we were eating at a restaurant near the
> foot of the Empire State building and we saw a lot of
> ambulances and cop cars whiz by. We found out there
> was a bomb threat made at the Empire State building. I
> immediately got up from the table and announced I was
> leaving and everyone acted like I was crazy and poked
> fun at me. I don't care - this is all serious and
> people aren't thinking clearly. Someone followed me
> into the street and said "What's wrong? I don't
> understand." I didn't feel like being on the damn F
> train underground when something happened. And I don't
> feel like drinking and rehashing every single event
> while people are (hopefully?) still alive under that
> rubble.
> I still can't get my damn BG's down. I raise my basal
> rate .1 and I crash, repeatedly.
> Good thoughts to everyone. Sorry to sound so
> panicky....
> Catherine
I hope you get your bloodsugars back in control soon and are feeling better.
I have been glued to the tv ever since this has happened. I have also been
having trouble with sugars. I was not directly effected but am just so
emotional after seeing what this has done to so many inocent people. I
sympothize with you and wish everyone the best in getting through this very
heartbreakening time. I am here in PA (State College) and there was a bomb
threat in one of the buildings on our Penn State campus and yesterday there
was a bank robbery. I don't know what is the matter with people! The bank
robber ended up being a women that works for the same co. I do, it was her
husband! This makes it even more disturbing! I just don't understand why
people make the decisions they do. Again my heart and prayers go out to
everyone during this rough time.
Sincerely, Heather W.