[IP] Re: No More Carry-On Luggage!

 > I think the plastic knives they are talking about are either theese "box"
 > knives which have plastic handles and disposable steel blades for opening
 > shipping boxes, or knives with a synthetic ceramic blade which probably
 > do not show up well on x-ray.
 > Gene

I believe that much of this is still up in the air.  That is one reason why
they have not released the planes for awhile and that the restrictions in
the short term will be more stringent than those in the future, when they
will have more time to make comprehensive regulations.  Some have mentioned
that they will no longer be able to have their Swiss army knife.  There are
many things that can be used offensively which would be considered benign
in a search or X-Ray (screw drivers, sprays, electrical shock devices,
straight edge shaving blades, etc.).  Questionable items would probably be
stored separately.  We won't know what the final restrictions will be for
awhile.  I cannot believe that dm'ers could not bring supplies, women
purses, business persons brief cases, etc. although they will now be
thoroughly, and expertly, searched.  With minimum wage security personnel
this has not happened in the past.

We have all lost much of our freedom on Tuesday.

Jack email @ redacted
Please watch for the missing, especially my son.
I did what my conscience told me to do, and you
can't fail if you do that.
  - Anita Hill