Re: [IP] ALive in New York

       Hello everyone, it's Lisette.  When all this first starting happening
I was starting to get Heaven ready to go to the doctors when I heard on the
radio that a plane crashed into the world trade center.  Everyone thought it
would have been an accident when 15min later the other plane crashed into the
second tower.  I thought I was going to fall into a billion pieces.  I live
in New York.  I live in the borough of Queens.  I can't explain to anyone the
pain in my heart and my soul.  I know personally people who worked in that
area who thank God have gotten out alive, but are so traumatized to seeing
the lives and all the damage that's been done to our beautiful city.  I was
freaking out because my dad works for the city and he was called out to help
out Me and my Mom could not sleep.  He left at 4:00 p.m. and did not return
until 5:30 in the morning.  He said "what you see on television does not even
compare to what you see in person."
       I can't help to cry and feel so hurt.  I know New Yorkers are strong,
and we'll get through this.  But it's just really hard to never see those
beautiful towers of New York.
I'm also proud to be a New Yorker because from stories I've heard everyone
was helping one another.  It's just real weird because just this past
Saturday. I was around that area and to think something so horrible would
happen.  It wasn't even a thought.  Also I live maybe 30 min away from JFK
Airport and usually you hear planes passing by like every 10 min.  It's
something you learn to live with in this area.  To hear total silence, the
only planes you hear are the fighter planes is a very scary feeling.

       I know I'm only supposed to talk about diabetes, but right now that
seems to be a little problem compare to those of who's have to deal with so
many bigger ones.  I'm sorry everyone but this is just something I had to let
out.  I love New York.  I also Love my country.  God Bless all of us.